Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hearing His Voice

 02/07/03

I decided to call in to have lunch with my mum and dad,which I did whenever I was in the area.Anyway, this particular day I called in, my mum was complaining about having a massive headache and said that one of her girl friends had rang her and said she also had had a massive headache.So we thought it was some ordinary bug going around. When I finished lunch, I went behind where my mum was sitting and massaged her temples in her head hoping to relieve her pain, at the same time also praying that God would take away her pain.

Well I left at about 2 to 3 pm and went back to work.At 6 pm, I received a phone call from one of my brothers saying that mum had fallen over and that an ambulance had taken her to hospital,but not to worry as he would go and see if she was alright and he would get back to me. He rang me back at 8 pm to say mum was on life support system and to bring my family in to say goodbye.Then the hospital would unplug the machines and that would be the end.I got my two boys and my wife and went to hospital,where I experienced something I had never experienced before,when I saw my mum on that hospital bed.

Well what do you say to your mum on her death bed?I could not speak at all,so I prayed in my head and asked God to give me the words to say.What came out was,"Mum look to Jesus and I will see you in paradise".I said this three times,then I opened my mouth and nothing came out.All my family went by,first my sister then the five brothers in there age order with their families,then we left the hospital all stunned at what had happened.I remember praying that night whether I should go back to the hospital,but into my mind came the words "no leave it to me".

The next day we awoke to the news that the hospital had disconnected my mum at 11pm and she died at 2am on her 79th birthday.So we all meet at my parents house all stunned.She's here one day, gone the next. Well, I needed to make a phone call, but somebody was using the house phone.So I thought I would use my hands free in my van.When I got into my van, tears started coming out of my eyes,then a voice which said,"what are you crying for,if you are crying for your mum, it's not going to help her,and if your not crying for your mum, are you crying for your self?and if you are crying for your seif are you crying because you didn't have enough time with her or you don't think I can look after her?"....

I got out of the van looking up into the sky,thinking of the words that had just came into my head.I never suffered depression at all.But that was not the end...

The next day I opened my bible and there I was shown Hebrew 9:28,"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation".So what did God tell me to tell my mum three times in the hospital?look to Jesus and I will see you in paradise.I cannot be sure that my mum will be in heaven when I get there,but I know my God gave her the message she needs to get her there.

We serve a LIVING God who walks and talks to his people who seek him with all there heart and do not sin.This is the free gift that 2 peter 1:4 talks about,"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises:that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust"

God Bless

Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment